Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inchworm Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirka46

I just finished building new inchworm+ programmer. When I tried to conect it to my computer I get whole bunch of errors most of which I do not know what they mean. My MPlab is 7.52.

Here is part of it:
ICD0133: Firmware does not support command (0x1).
ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Downloading Operating System
ICDWarn0054: MPLAB IDE has lost communications with the MPLAB ICD 2. Would you like to attempt to reconnect?
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
...Download Operating System Failed
ICD0029: Connected tool is not an MPLAB ICD 2: Product ID = 0x0 (MPLAB ICD (1))
ICD0133: Firmware does not support command (0x8).
ICD0133: Firmware does not support command (0x2C).
ICD0133: Firmware does not support command (0x7).
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

If anybody can help i will appreciate it very much.
Thank you Jirka

Are you using a USB to RS232 adapter? Did you reboot after turning off the COM port FIFO buffers? Is it set to com 1 or com2? Does the ST232 feel hot?

I am using serial port COM1, I did reboot after setting FIFO off and both IC's feel cool. Vdd is 4.87V and Vpp is 12.91.
Jirka

Seems like the firmware is not working properly. If you have a simple Tait or JDM programmer, you could try and program the PIC again with a good hex file.

When I send out an Inchworm I test its PIC in a ZIF inchworm mule, it sounds like its looking for an OS like a brand new ICD2.
I recall a similar issue (searching these forums for Inchworm may point to a solution)
The solution was to from MPLAB: configure (select 16f877) then connect. If you don't have automatic OS download enabled (you should, same as autoconnect) then you have to manually select update OS from the programmer menu.

I tried to download OS from MPLAB and this is the result:

Connected
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Downloading Operating System
ICD0024: Communications: Failed to write ('{682D0800FF3FFF3FFF3FFF3FFF3FFF3FFF3FFF3FFF3FFF3F8A150A16002=—Þàõí...' - 10 of 28656 bytes - Windows::GetLastError() = 0x0, 'The operation completed successfully.
' - USBCOM = 0x0)
...Download Operating System Failed
ICDWarn0054: MPLAB IDE has lost communications with the MPLAB ICD 2. Would you like to attempt to reconnect?

If I say yes then it just repeats sequence.

I do not understend this: "Failed to write 10 of 28656 bytes " 877A has only 8K memory doesn't it?

And than:'The operation completed successfully+Download Operating System Failed

Why this "' - USBCOM = 0x0)" when I am using COM1 ?

Thank you for your help
Jirka

Where are you located? Do you have access to a PIC programmer (aside from the Inchworm?)

The firmware for the 16F877A is on my site, if you can't get it programmed you could mail the PIC to me and I'll reflash it and mail it back. Of course I'll test it too.

The 16F877A has 8K

Thank you for your reply. I can program 877 but not 877A. I am in B.C. mountains and it took two weeks to get your kit here.If you point me to right file, if it is possible to use 877 in inchworm+, then I'll try to do it myself.
Thank you Jirka

Jirka46 said:
Thank you for your reply. I can program 877 but not 877A. I am in B.C. mountains and it took two weeks to get your kit here.If you point me to right file, if it is possible to use 877 in inchworm+, then I'll try to do it myself.
Thank you Jirka
877 is fine.

The 877 is the same PIC as the genuine ICD2 uses, the file you need is part of MPLAB
Search your computer for BL010101.HEX that's the file.

Good luck, hope you get it working soon. When you do reflash the original 16F877A with the firmware in the download section of my site and try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back