Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inchworm "Hello World" (your first PIC program) draft #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've attached the first draft of my Inchworm (or any PIC programmer) Hello World (Hello world is often the first program most beginners write to get their feet wet)
I've not tested the 18F2525 version yet.
Comments and opinions always welcome.
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• Inchworm Quick Project.pdf
    292 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
Awsome! I just got my inchworm Friday. I haven't had a chance to put it together yet though.

I'm having trouble coming up with a serial port cable though. I was pretty sure I hade one somplace, but I can't find it. Can you use a USB to serial cable/adapter?

Andy1845c said:
I'm having trouble coming up with a serial port cable though. I was pretty sure I hade one somplace, but I can't find it. Can you use a USB to serial cable/adapter?
Yep, it's a straight through cable or if you can directly to the USB - RS232 (male) adapter. Some are fussy and you must make it COM1 or COM2 & turn the FIFO off.

William At MyBlueRoom said:
Yep, it's a straight through cable or if you can directly to the USB - RS232 (male) adapter. Some are fussy and you must make it COM1 or COM2 & turn the FIFO off.

Even awsom-er:D Its not easy to get to the back of my computer:rolleyes: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back