Inchworm+ got a new brain today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

Just now (at 12:30AM) I was surfin bills website and I found where he said to use a 16F877A. I downloaded the HEX File and imported it. I programmed the 16F877A and it worked! I then put it through it's paces, programming a 18F1320 over and over, and erasing, and verifying, erasing again, programming it, verifying, build, make, build all, and doing whatever I could to see if it would fail. It never did once! I am going to keep my current 16F877 for looking back at the past, but keep the 16F877A in there. It seems to program faster.

I can't imagine why a 877A would make any difference at all from an 877. They're almost identical. I could be wrong but I think any "increase in programming speed" is all in your head.

Here's the migration sheet for 877 to 877A

EDIT: Ah! There might be something to your alleged speed increase. I see it has new programming specs and now writes to Flash 4 words at a time instead of 1 word, though that's for user write, and not necessarily ICSP write.

EDIT2: Na. That makes no sense. You're not programming the 877A, or writing to it. Aside from that (and a couple added comparators) they're identical.

Last edited:
Back when we were building ICD2 clones it was said that the 877A was faster. I do not recall the technical reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…