Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In your opinion, which is the best digital camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alandandrew

Hey
I am looking to buy a decent digital camera. I want something that will take a sharp picture, unlimited video, non-battery (if that exists), the size really doesnt matter much to me but i guess i dont want something too big and I want all of this for as cheap as possible..best bang for the buck kinda deal. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

To me, you are starting to come off like a forum troll...asking for things like cameras need no batteries and have unlimited memory so they can record unlimited video.

Last edited:
I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC LZ7 a couple of years ago. Takes pretty good pictures, little grainy on extreme zooms. You can't change zoom while recording video. Not sure if there is a limit on the video. Runs off 2 AA, last a good while, don't discharge much from just sitting unused. Paid $169.

How to you expect a portable electronic device to run without batteries? Built in fuel cell .... hand-crank dynamo.... solar panel array.....wind turbine....nuclear reactor? Or maybe it can be powered by Dark Matter or a Gamma Ray Burst? Well, once you have accepted that you'll need to settle for using batteries, go with either Nikon, Canon, or Olympus. Those 3 brands have the best optics. Forget large numbers of pixels and all that. What makes the difference is the quality and size of glass lenses. I'll take a 3megapixel quality lensed camera over a 10megapixel average quality anyday. This advice holds true for both still and video cameras. Your video recording time is dependent upon tape length or memory card size.
Your original request is worded as if you are asking the Fairy Godmother for such a fantasy device. Go visit the customer forums at on-line sellers like NewEgg.com or B&H Photo for owner comments.

You get what you pay for it's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back