Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impulse counter

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i put LED like u draw it, it should be OFF on 1-2-3-4 impulse and ON when 5th impulse come at entrance.
I need
1-2-3-4 = ON
5th =OFF
and repeat in circle

Thx alot 4 helping me
I hope I didn't take much of your time

Last edited:
If i put LED like u draw it, it should be OFF on 1-2-3-4 impulse and ON when 5th impulse come at entrance.
I need
1-2-3-4 = ON
5th =OFF
and repeat in circle

Thx alot 4 helping me
I hope I didn't take much of your time

Hi,
Look at this Simulation of your circuit, it works as you would expect.
Pulses 1,2,3,4 = LED ON, P5=LED OFF, P6=LED OFF & Restart [Reset]

Its possible that you have damaged the 4017 output pin used for RESET because you had it connected directly to 0V in your first circuit!

I have added some notes to the Plot to show you how it is working..OK.:D

EDIT:
If you want the LED to be OFF at RESET [rest] and only come ON at the 1st pulse, let me know.
It will require some extra components.

Like this 2nd image.

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    47 KB · Views: 139
  • AAesp04.gif
    AAesp04.gif
    50.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Yes they work thx alot
I am just curious why did u put C3 and C4 at vcc ?

hi frank,
Thats good news.!
The capacitors are for decoupling the +9V power line, it recommended practice to fit these to avoid problems due to electrical noise on the power lines caused by the switching components.
Noise can cause your circuit to operate erratically, ie: multiple counts etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back