Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impossible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossy

i'm looking to devise a system in which i can connect my hand clapping low voltage/low current circuit to a cars starter motor to start my car.
Is this impossible since a cars starter motor needs 200-300 amps??
any kind of current amplifier or power amplifier available to do this???

Hand clap to start car

this is my circuit so far roughly......ELECTRET,DARLINGTON PAIR,VOLATGE DOUBLER,J/K FLIP FLOP, TRANSISTOR,RELAY

now the hard part

I have a relay at the end of my circuit,can i get a specific relay that will enable me to use 200amps to energise a starter motor??

You dont need to swicth 200 Amps .Use the cars circuit to do it.All you do is bypass the key swicth whith the reley it only needs to swicth a few miliAmps.

so your telling me i can bypass the ignition switch with a few milli amps??

mossy said:
so your telling me i can bypass the ignition switch with a few milli amps??

I wouldn't say only a few milliamps, but probably only a few amps, the starter position on the ignition switch switches power to the starter solenoid - which is a dirty great big relay, and (on some starters) may actually engage the starter mechanically as well. I would suggest you use an auto-motive relay to switch the power to the solenoid, nothing in a car works on low current!.

However, the high unreliability of a clap sensing circuit doesn't seem a good idea to start a car with? - plus you need some way for the starter to disengage once the engine is running.

If the darlington transistor and voltage doubler circuit that is used as a microphone preamp has enough voltage gain, I wonder how many times per hour or per minute the starter would be activated? Poor car battery.

audioguru said:
If the darlington transistor and voltage doubler circuit that is used as a microphone preamp has enough voltage gain, I wonder how many times per hour or per minute the starter would be activated? Poor car battery.

At least every time you'd close the door :lol:

Watch out when there are any loud noises like fireworks. You won't be able to stop your car from turning itself on :lol:

Or a dog barks and the car starts going.LOL :lol:

You beter make it so that the circuit only works whith the key thurned.

Someone Electro said:
Or a dog barks and the car starts going.LOL :lol:

You beter make it so that the circuit only works whith the key thurned.

:lol:

To be fair, that's probably what the original poster had in mind.

That's how I did it in my car, but with 2 switches, not a clapper :roll: :lol: I have 1 "hidden" switch to turn on power to most accessories (just like turning the key) and 1 momentary switch for the ignition. You can't start the car if you don't find the first switch... or at least find the right pair of wires and short them :lol:

But if you're gonna do it in a two stage way like I did, what would be the use of the clapper? Might as well just turn the key :lol:

but if your late for something and you cant find your key, your stuck .........

Well, youd be stuck anyway coz you couldnt open the doors (unless you install a touch activated switch (only works with your fingerprint) or an eyescanner lol) :lol:

Ive sean figerprint ignition.You put your finger on an special plate and then the car reconises you and automaticly starts the endgine.

The problem of puting it outside on the dors is wen the scaner wod get to dirty to scan properly and wodnt let you in the car.LOL :lol:

lool good point :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back