Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impossible Project ???? help required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gday All,

I know absolutely nothing about robotics so need help to solve the following problem,

I require a small motor and power source to rotate a wire shaft at app 20 to 30rpm`s. The length of the wire shaft can be between 5cm to 7cm in length, however the motor drive system needs to fit within a cavity that is only 1.5cm to 2.0cm wide and app 5cm in length, these dimensions also include the power supply storage. I think i am asking for the impossible however any help would be greatly appreciated. even a wind up drive system would suffice as long as it lasted for between 10 to 15 minutes.

Steve www.smhanglingsolutions.com

Gday again,

Just emailed you some more specific info on my project, it will come via an email from Steve harris.

I can increase the dimensions for another item to app 2cm wide x 3cm high x 15cm in length, 6 of thos 15cm would be made up of shaft that either needs to rotate or move from left to right at a slow rpm.

Steve www.smhanglingsolutions.com

Looking at motors from https://www.solarbotics.com/

perhaps,
GM14 running from two series AAA's
or
GM16 running from two Parallel AAA's
or
do your own homework :)

edit: bah, i had no idea they were going to used as legs :?

I suggested Muscle Wire
because it is thin, strong for it size, lite and is perfect for what he wants to do.

Re: reply

Roboticinfo said:
I suggested Muscle Wire
because it is thin, strong for it size, lite and is perfect for what he wants to do.

He wanted a small motor that rotated, was just going by what he asked for, dimensions in mm, not feet.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back