Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

important question - negative batery row

Status
Not open for further replies.

iurelectr

Hello all,
Is it possible to have an electronic circuit that function without have~ing a connection to the negative batery row?

Please see the following page, where there are several circuits (with leds) at which I can't identify that connection:
ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bill_Bowden

If there is a negative row connection, where is it? How can I read these circuits? (for the positive and negative connection)

Thanks
:)

Hello all,
Is it possible to have an electronic circuit that function without have~ing a connection to the negative batery row?

Please see the following page, where there are several circuits (with leds) at which I can't identify that connection:
ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bill_Bowden

If there is a negative row connection, where is it? How can I read these circuits? (for the positive and negative connection)

Thanks
:)

hi,:)
I have looked at these circuits, which one do you have a problem with, give me a project name.

hi 3v0.

Just in case.:)

Do you mean this.?

Attachments

• esp02 Nov. 04.gif
    esp02 Nov. 04.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 133
Thanks and sorry for this late reply:
I mean this circuit "25 light sequencer using xmas lamps"

Aditionally, I don't uderstand if the transistors (next to 555, right next to 4017) are connected even if at the draw the liaison seams to be interrupted...

Thanks again

the circuit of 25 light sequencer

The circuit is:
25 Light Sequencer using xmas lamps

Is the last one, if you enter the list of circuits and drag until the end...

Are the transistors next to 555 and 4017 connected in spite of seaming not connected completely?

Thanks

Aditionally, I don't uderstand if the transistors (next to 555, right next to 4017) are connected even if at the draw the liaison seams to be interrupted...
It is a little confusing...

The five transistors arranged verticaly and to the right of the first 4017 should all have their respective collector terminal connected to +5V (like the top one)

In the matrix of lamps there are gaps where lines cross, these lines should really be continuous.

Where two lines connect togther there is a small dot at the intersection.

Pete

The circuit is:
25 Light Sequencer using xmas lamps

Is the last one, if you enter the list of circuits and drag until the end...

Are the transistors next to 555 and 4017 connected in spite of seaming not connected completely?

Thanks

hi,
Answering your PM.

You should ask questions using the forum, it helps others to understand our replies.:)

Attachments

• esp01 Nov. 05.gif
    esp01 Nov. 05.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 127
Many thanks to all of you.
One last question:
the arrow, at the left side, it is directed to the resistor of 100k.
Is there any special reason for that?

In fact the lines are already connected with a dot...so what's the point?

Thanks again! (almoust everything understood!!)

does the circuit function with +4.5 volts? or +6 V?

I don't have 5 Volts...

I think the answer is yes...but

Many thanks to all of you.
One last question:
the arrow, at the left side, it is directed to the resistor of 100k.
Is there any special reason for that?

In fact the lines are already connected with a dot...so what's the point?

Thanks again! (almoust everything understood!!)

The resistor with an arrow is an adjustable resistor, a potentiometer. it varies the flashing speed.

It should work with 6v or 4.5V,

Last edited:
Just to confirm:
on the horizontal 4017 there seams to be a direct connection between 1 and 15...
is this ok?
Many thanks!

Just to confirm:
on the horizontal 4017 there seams to be a direct connection between 1 and 15...
is this ok?
Many thanks!

hi,
That link 1 to 15 must be connected.
When the 4017 count gets to #6 it resets the 4017 to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back