Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

important langauges of electrical engineering and also electronic engineering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceberg25

hi all....
i am from malaysia,may i know which langauges are important in our field other than english?
german or japanese?
pls comment it.....
thx....

Japanese circuits are normally published in English too, so you don't have to worry about the language.

German is mainly used in Germany and the schematic symbols used are DIN, while anglo-saxon countries use ANSI symbols, e.g. the ANSI symbol for a resistor can be misleading in a DIN oriented schematic. Using DIN that symbol stands for an inductance with an air coil.

The greatest difference you will find concerning Boolean logic symbols. Check the attachment for comparison.

You also won't have to worry about the language. Knowing ANSI and DIN will be fine to read every schematic.

There are also differences concerning part descriptions. A transistor for instance is called "T" followed by a number, which I find logical since "T" stands for transistor, ICs have the part discription "IC".

Anglo-saxon schematics use "Q" for transistor and I don't know about such a thing like a "Qransistor" :D and instead of using "IC" they are named "U"

Regards

Boncuk

Last edited:
If you should find yourself in the Control side of the electrical discipline (C&I - Control and Instrumentation) and you need to work with German based PLC such as ABB and SIEMENS it would be wise to know DIN. All function blocks and sequential function chart logic elements are shown in DIN.

hi all....
i am from malaysia,may i know which langauges are important in our field other than english?
german or japanese?
pls comment it.....
thx....

Just for the technical lecture basicly everything is in english available

for job opertunities especialy in asia chinese would be a good language to master or korean

(koreans are now these days really flying out over the whole asia continent to do and set up buisnesses)

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back