Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementing Expressions with Jk Flip Flops

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagsy1989

Hey guys,
Had another question to ask about implementation of expressions with JK Flip Flops.

I have to design a counter using jk flip flops... I have my expressions but my knowledge is limited with connecting JK flip flops in Simulation software like EWB.

Was wondering if anyone could explain or show me how to do it. I have 4 jk flip flops to implement and my expressions for 2 jk flip flops are as follows:

J3
Q0' D Q2' Q1' + Q0 D' Q2 Q1

K3
Q1 + Q0 D' + D Q0'

J2
Q3 D Q0' + Q3' Q0 D' Q1

K2
Q3Q2 + Q3' Q0 D' Q1 + Q3' Q0' D Q1'

(Q#' = not Q# etc)

I simplified the expressions from a truth table using five variable karnaugh maps. J3 and K3 is my first flip flop and J2 K2 is my second flip flop. I want to know how to implement these expressions and connect the flip flops so they count properly. I have two other flip flops with expressions so that when they are all linked together will count to 9.

If you need to see the rest of my expressions, truth table or karnaugh maps.. they are available for viewing here:
Karnaugh Maps
Truth Tables

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter :)

hi,
I posted this sketch recently, for a similar question, it may help.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back