Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec123

Hi,

I need to know the impedance of a 10kohm resistor in series with a 1uF cap at 10Hz. I can do the calculation when they're in series (Using Z=R+jX, X=-1/wC, and w=2PIf) but am stuck for the parallel config.

Any help would be grateful,

Cheers

elec123 said:
Hi,

I need to know the impedance of a 10kohm resistor in series with a 1uF cap at 10Hz. I can do the calculation when they're in series (Using Z=R+jX, X=-1/wC, and w=2PIf) but am stuck for the parallel config.

Any help would be grateful,

Cheers

Just work out the impedance of the capacitor at 10Hz, then treat it as a resistor - then it's just resistors in series or parallel.

Series R = R1 + R2

Parallel R = (R1 * R2)/(R1 + R2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back