Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obmar

Hi there,
Anyone has idea of a simple way of detecting a printed image? Printing presses use registration marks for paper alignment. How is the image of the registration mark detected and how can it be compared with a reference image? I am trying to stack printed papers for accurate punching but can't find way of aligning bottom paper with the top one. (the sheets are laminated, so the printing is not in correct position compared to the edges.)

Move the sheets around until the image contains the least amount of black?

dknguyen said:
Move the sheets around until the image contains the least amount of black?
Thats a great idea. I will try to get bottom and top image by webcams, digitise and superimpose them (I don't know how, but I will find out) and on screen find position of least black.

Please tell me if I can do anything better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back