Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

im new to programming PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

samcheetah

hi im planning to start programming in PICs. i just wanted to know that is the combination Ozipic (hardware) + Winpicprog (software) good for programming the PIC16F877. i have seen alot of softwares and programmers for the '877 but i dont know which to choose.

i think that ozipic+winpicprog is going to work out fine because Nigel is always there to help.

what do u guys think

samcheetah said:
hi im planning to start programming in PICs. i just wanted to know that is the combination Ozipic (hardware) + Winpicprog (software) good for programming the PIC16F877. i have seen alot of softwares and programmers for the '877 but i dont know which to choose.

i think that ozipic+winpicprog is going to work out fine because Nigel is always there to help.

what do u guys think

WinPicprog works fine with the '877, I've never actually used an Ozipic, but I've heard from plenty of people who have - essentially it's just a variation on the P16PRO40, which itself was a variation on the original David Tait design.

WinPicprog works fine with the '877, I've never actually used an Ozipic, but I've heard from plenty of people who have - essentially it's just a variation on the P16PRO40, which itself was a variation on the original David Tait design.

thanx for the reply

if u havent used Ozipic then what do u use. the reason i chose to build the ozipic (hopefully ill start it in a day or two) is because the file on your website had all the layout files. the P16PRO40 hardware is easy to build but its good if u get the layout too :wink:

will u recommend some other variant of the P16PRO40 or is Ozipic fine??

samcheetah said:
if u havent used Ozipic then what do u use. the reason i chose to build the ozipic (hopefully ill start it in a day or two) is because the file on your website had all the layout files. the P16PRO40 hardware is easy to build but its good if u get the layout too :wink:

will u recommend some other variant of the P16PRO40 or is Ozipic fine??

I use two P16PRO40's, one is the DIY Electronics KIT96, the other is modified to include ICSP as well, this was send me by a WinPicProg user in Canada - it's a beautifully made board, but unfortunately he wasn't interested in providing boards for sale :cry:

As for the Ozipic, it looks fine to me!.

samcheetah said:
I use two P16PRO40's, one is the DIY Electronics KIT96, the other is modified to include ICSP as well, this was send me by a WinPicProg user in Canada

does this guy have a website. and is there a schematic out there for this kit. i think ill go with Ozipic but just out of curiosity i want to have a look at this kit.

Diy Electronics is in Hong Kong, the Kit96 is here https://www.kitsrus.com/upuc.html#k96, but it's usually available from various places around the world - mine came from ASA Micros in the UK.

thanx for the reply Nigel.

im planning to go out and buy the parts for the Ozipic programmer. then maybe ill try kit96 after Ozipic.

one thing more. have u tried the toolkit TK3 development board which came in EPE once? i believe u are a reader of EPE so have u ever tried that out?

samcheetah said:
one thing more. have u tried the toolkit TK3 development board which came in EPE once? i believe u are a reader of EPE so have u ever tried that out?

No, I've never tried it, but i have had reports that WinPicProg can be configured to work with it!. I had already been using PIC's for a number of years before EPE started doing PIC projects, and had a number of PIC programmers at that time.

I had already been using PIC's for a number of years before EPE started doing PIC projects, and had a number of PIC programmers at that time.

thats good. have u seen other magazines that have EPE projects. ive seen Circuit Cellar but thats more related to computing than to control projects. i havent seen elektor around so i dont know about it. the projects in the EPE magazine are great. do u recommend any other (similar) magazine with PIC projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back