Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Illegal Request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overclocked

Well Im in a bit of bind here, Someone on another forum asked the following question:

I need to build a simple RF transmitter and receiver to do the following
I need to be able to press a button to wirelessly make a beeping sound
the receiver has to be as small as possible and preferably be able to run on 1.5 -3 volts
the rest dose not rely matter it would be kind of cool if the transmitter could run on 5 volts so I could power it from a usb port, it only has to work as far as a small bedroom

the intended purpose is to put the receivers in a few things so I can find them because I keep losing them

(found here) **broken link removed**

naturally, I replied, but I had my doubts. I wondered if this persons request is illegal and should I keep helping this person.

As you will read, I did respond, but they dont understand whats going.

But relize, its not an electronics site, its for modding computers and such. Many of the people we get there dont know much about electronics.

Should I keep on helping this person? I still have my doubts on their knowledge and if it will be illegal or not. I really cant put a question like that into a simplier form.

EDIT- Oh yea..Im that Nerdz Person..lol

First, I seriously doubt this guy will be able to assemble ANYTHING :lol:

If he uses an RF module, it'll be plenty llegal. If he makes a 100W transmitter that transmits over aircraft frequencies it will be illegal. Just turn him on to an RF module.

WTF!!! :shock:
$69!!!

They must be nuts.Why are they soo expensive?

The store here is seling digital radio modules for $8.

The receiver needs a 5V regulated supply. They didn't say how much current. It might need a huge battery to keep it "listening" all day.

Good god, thats rediculous!! $69, and its range is crap too. Maybe it scratches your butt automatically or somethin' :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back