Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ikalogic isp

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexter

Hi!

I've just tried to build a Ikalogic ISP programmer (**broken link removed**), but it doesn't seem to work. Could you please help me with that? I've tried it with AT89S2051 (5 chips tested) & AT89S52 (1 chip tested). The effect is the same. ISP programmer software is not able to read the device signature. When I click "don't autodetect device, force ..........." then it looks like it is reading the file from flash and says OK. But the file is just a mess (not what is expected). When I try to save smth to flash of my microcontrollers, it says that it is failing to verify the result. (Write error at address 00000000 byte written:01, byte read: FF)

What should I connect to my chip except for this programmer circuit? Power? XTAL? :confused:

PS!

One more question:

Will it work OK if I will use veroboard for it? (ATMEL is putting a lot of restrictions on the cable to be used, that's why asking).

Thanx!

Last edited:
lexter said:
Hi!

I've just tried to build a Ikalogic ISP programmer (**broken link removed**), but it doesn't seem to work. Could you please help me with that? I've tried it with AT89S2051 (5 chips tested) & AT89S52 (1 chip tested). The effect is the same. ISP programmer software is not able to read the device signature. When I click "don't autodetect device, force ..........." then it looks like it is reading the file from flash and says OK. But the file is just a mess (not what is expected). When I try to save smth to flash of my microcontrollers, it says that it is failing to verify the result. (Write error at address 00000000 byte written:01, byte read: FF)

What should I connect to my chip except for this programmer circuit? Power? XTAL? :confused:

PS!

One more question:

Will it work OK if I will use veroboard for it? (ATMEL is putting a lot of restrictions on the cable to be used, that's why asking).

Thanx!

Hi Lexter,

Yes- you have to wire crystal. Ikalogic has provided the interconnection pins for the 89S52 or equivalent pins for 2051. he has not detailed the conditions needed for the s51/52 or s2051 chip side. the concerned datasheet will speak abt the same .

However, compate the attached pdf and do the needful

Last edited:
Thanx a lot, Sarma!!! Hopefully it will work! :))) I'll try it ASAP!

PS!
I've just read the datasheet of uController ...
Sorry for my stupid question.

Never mind-- we learn thro' study and discussion-- no one is born learned-- all the best

Last edited:
Hello, I have a problam also, I made the circut above just with a 74HC244, The target system is as it suppose to be, 31 and 40 - VCC, Xstall with C1,c2 connected, 20 - GND.

This is like the 10 programmer I tried, I mostly try the simple ones like this.
With this one I allways get signiture 00,00,00,00 while is connected and ff,ff,ff,ff while the target circut is off.

I have the capacitor and resistor on the Reset pin, xstal = 12 or 11.059 MHZ, tried them both with SCK clocking at 200 to Fastest using the ISPProg Programmer.

Any suggestions?
Thanks ahead.

Hi sskillz,
why not use the original wiring as described in ikalogic.com-- add a capacitor of say 22uF16V across pins 40(+)and 20(Gnd), use a buffer IC as it will help in compensating length of pwires from parallel port-this ic should be close to the port pins-- and ensure that Vcc is clean - a rgulated 5V from say a 9VDC adopter.
and as far as driver is concerned- 11..059 is OK and select 200KHz . it should work as the same set up is working well with us.

One issue. if u are using a laptop with an improvised parallel port or a latest motherboard of desktop where the output on the pins of parallel port is not 5V but 3.3V then problems might arise. we have to level shift them to standard logic levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back