Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ignition box needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

moe7404

moe in wichita ks moe7404@att.net

iam new here, i have tinkering with electronics from the early 70s. in 2002 i went to electronics school, mostly cause i wanted to learn it right. i have built a few projects, and some repair, linksys 2.4 gh broadband, only if someone has designed it. i need to do a project, one i cant find, its a electronic ignition for a garden tractor. a 1975 Case 446, 12 volt neg ground, onan bf 2 cyl opposed cyl. 16 hp 3600 rpm. one set of points, one coil 2 high voltage wires, primary resistance 3.87 ohm to 4.73 ohms, secondary res. 12,600-15,400 ohms. each firing has one wasted spark ie exhaust stroke. it has no distributor. it has a box with one set of points, that fire at 25 deg btdc. a rod comes up from the camshaft and pushes on the points that is in the box. i would like to build a photo beam in the box that will get tripped by the rod, that will signal an electronic box that will fire the coil. basicly i need an electronic box designed.

points of design: some i have to do some the electronics enginer has to do.

1 electronic parts must be easy to get. :designer
2. i can figure out the board, box, wiring : me
3. iam having trouble with my printer, so we will have to use snaill mail. :both
4. i have a factory service manual so i can copy any info needed : me
5 do i need to know who much amps the coil pulls? :me

iam not in a big hurry. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back