Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Igbt

Status
Not open for further replies.

blithe

Please I need help, I have an inverter that uses IGBT, but there is an issue with the IGBT and I can't get any IGBT to replace it. can someone help me on how to use mosfets to replace the IGBT.

You make absolutely no mention of anything. You make no mention of little details like starting with part number, application, current or voltage? You need to provide details.

I lost my dog and I need a dog to replace it. I don't want the same breed (type) of dog, can someone help me replace it with a different type of dog? Think about it and look at your question!

Ron

IGBT combines both MOSFET and transistor capablilties. The equevellant will be two cascaded transistors (Darlington Pairs) to handle the high current act as IGBT Collector and Emitter, with a MOSFET to act as gate for eiser drive, pluse the required resistors.

That is all very nice and nothing new. You have yet to provide the data as to voltage and current and the application? I had a crystal ball but it broke, can you suggest a replacement? You arent providing any information. Reast assured most here are familiar with MOSFETS, IGBTs, and darlington pairs. The problem is you are not giving any data like the operating voltage and current requirements. Maybe it is just me so I'll leave this question for someone else to have a shot at.

Ron

What is the input voltage? Is this a UPS unit as in Uninteruptable Power Supply? Would the 120 volts out be 50 or 60 Hz? A 7 kVA is a pretty large unit.

Ron

Without knowing the original part numbers and having a basic schematic of what you have answering your question is just about impossible. Maybe another member has some thoughts?

Ron

I must say, I have to print this thread and show it.

This question really sets the standard.

Here's my question to you:
My car isn't working. What is wrong. Please help!

Anyway I do have the solution for you here and now:
Complain to the seller of the product. If there is no warranty on it, you get the salesman to send it back to the manufacturer to get it repaired.
Of you may contact your local repair shop and get them to fix it for you.

Dear Mr. Grossel you have asked:

Here's my question to you:
My car isn't working. What is wrong. Please help!

Your question has been reviewed by our highly technical staff and the answer is as follows:

Remove and replace with known good car.

We are pleased to have helped you and have a nice day. :)

Sincerely
Technical Department

Sorry if I was a little bit rude here.

Like most other members I realy wish I could help, but with the given information, there's really not any way to help other than advert to local workshops.

Questions to the OP:
How can you know for sure that it is an IGBT that is faulty?
How can you know it is IGBT and not another type of component?
What model is your inverter?

See - I'm a good guy spending time to ask basic questions.

@Reloadron
My dog got birth to some real ugly puppys. You can have those if you want.
Car removed and replaced. Thank you [solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back