Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Igbt

Status
Not open for further replies.

alizee

Hello I am using IGBT as switch in this when firing pulses applied to gate is showing accurate square waveform with resistive load but when I check this along with inductive load it is showing whatever my +ve half pulses those are extending on -ve side and vice versa for for next -ve half cycle it is showing same extended pulses towards +ve side actually it should show square waveform only.So What might be the problem?

Here I have used driver card VLA517-01R and RGon=20 ohm RGoff=10ohm
also tried with RGon=3.3 ohm RGoff=3.3ohm. I am getting signal okay for resistive load but not for inductive load suggest plz if any h/w implementation is to be done.

Attachments

• CKT2.jpg
    CKT2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 234
It makes perfectly sense that the wave form does change when you applies inductive load to output. Remember that an inductor tries to prevent fast change in current. Also if your drawing is correct, there is time spaces where at least one end of either halfbridges just floats. That will surely make a lot of ripple because of the type of load.

It should helpto put a cap in parallell to the load, but don't let the overall load being in resonance at the chopping frequenzy.

It is not clear to me that the driver is a high side driver. I don't see any boost or bootstrap supply.

Here with I have just draw s/g roughly but with inductive load I am getting like the pulses I have shown in attachment plz do find it in resp diagram.

Attachments

• ckt1.jpg
    ckt1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 342
What are the voltages at the arrows?

Does your circuit work?

Attachments

• ckt1.jpg
    ckt1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 324
Hello
Here the driver o/p pulses for gate is of +12V to -5V and across IGBT my AC i/p I have tried with 230V it is rectified and given further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back