Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

igbt brick flyback driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant17

hi guys this is my first time on this site my name is anthony i am building a single pwrx cm300ha igbt flyback driver and i have a tl494 pwm wired for single output not push pull and works well on my 16vdc powersupply giving me roughly 16 volts peak to peak which is what i want i am using a tc4420 mosfet driver for high capacitive loads 6 amps peak in the datasheet it shows a sample circuit i have attached how i wired it but i am having trouble with it over heating and drawing to much current i am running them off the same power supplies i don't know if it is suppossed to have a separate supply and thats the problem its over heating before i even put a output load on it could someone please help
tc4420c.jpg

Welcome to ETO, Anthony!
1) For future posts, please use simple sentences with proper punctuation to make it easier for people to understand what you are saying. If you make life difficult for your readers they will probably ignore your posts.
2) Post the whole schematic of your circuit, not just that bit from the datasheet, to help identify the cause of the problem.
3) Use a graphics editor to get rid of all that white space in your pics and so make things easier for viewers trying to access this site on their mobiles.
4) Is you circuit built on a breadboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back