Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IGBT and MOSFET in parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalid4145

Hi guys,,,

Would it be possible to parallel IGBT with MOSFET? I have an IGBTs in my design. i want to put MOSFET (electronic switch controlled by microcontroller) in parallel to the IGBT to generate a short circuit across the IGBT. Actually the IGBT is driven from optocoupler driver circuit which isolate the PWM input of the microcontroller and the driver circuit of the IGBT. Thats means the IGBT and logic level MOSFET has different grounds. How can i solve the proplem??? I am using another circuit to measure or sense the voltage across the IGBT as shown in the following attachements. Please advice does the circuit make sense?

Attachments

• question.doc
    63 KB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back