Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IF amplifier design

Status
Not open for further replies.

froten

Hello All,

I'm trying to build a multistage (3 stages) 455KHz IF amplifier. The circuit is a common emitter with primary tuned transformer on the collector. I can not get IF transformers so I have to build them by my self. I have a big problem to design the transformer as follows:
1) What L & C should I use for the primary side for 455KHz?
2) What L should I use for the secandary side?if the next stage input impedance is 3.3K for example.
3) What is the turns ratio should I use? if the next stage input impedance is 3.3K for example.

I realy have seriose problem with selection of L&C and N. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Consider using ceramic filters instead. (Murata and Toko)

Typical input and output terminations for ceramic filters is 1.5k to 2k ohms. You can pretty much make the collector load resistor 1.5k ohms for filter input termination. You can set the current in the input stage to create the proper ceramic filter load termination.

No coil to deal with.

Hello All,

I'm trying to build a multistage (3 stages) 455KHz IF amplifier. The circuit is a common emitter with primary tuned transformer on the collector. I can not get IF transformers so I have to build them by my self. I have a big problem to design the transformer as follows:
1) What L & C should I use for the primary side for 455KHz?
2) What L should I use for the secandary side?if the next stage input impedance is 3.3K for example.
3) What is the turns ratio should I use? if the next stage input impedance is 3.3K for example.

I realy have seriose problem with selection of L&C and N. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is a useful reference:
if amplifier transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back