Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

iec/eec color codes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

glmclell

I bought an open frame dc power supply recently, and it is the 'international' type, so the color codes on the AC side are a little foreign to me

I have brown, blue and green.

I've figured out green is ground, but blue and brown... which is the 'hot' or 'live' and which is the neutral?

thanks!

In the UK brown is live, blue is neutral, and green/yellow striped is earth (or ground).

Generally, particularly if it has an earth lead, live and neutral don't really make any difference - at least not for the last 30 years or so!. Not that you shouldn't connect them correctly as a matter of course, but you should be aware of the reasons for doing so!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back