Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identifying SMD resistor value

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickagian

Hi!

I have a 0603 SMD resistor populated on a PCB and I would like to know what is its value. The digits on it are : "750". To what value does this correspond? It is supposed to be 570k, but I doubt it since this is not seen from the operation of the circuit. It is the upper part resistor of a voltage divider with the down part resistor being 470k. However, the output of the divider is 0.7V @ 3.3V, which obviously means that the resistor is not 570k.

nikos

Hi,

From the operation of the circuit it would be closer to 1750k.

Try to measure the resistance - to give you some idea. Measure it both ways.

Last edited:
750 should be an 75Ohms Resistor?!

Digit 7 then Digit 5 then 0 additional Digits = 75Ohms.

Are you shure you have all digits readed?

Last edited:
750 should be an 75Ohms Resistor?!

Digit 7 then Digit 5 then 0 additional Digits = 75Ohms.

Are you shure you have all digits readed?

Well, its weird, you have right. But indeed the only digits on top of the resistor is "750". In the end I have removed the resistor and measured it standalone... and indeed it is 590k. It's really weird...

However, this means that there is some problem with the schematic or the PCB itself.. I have posted my schematic around the divider.

After I have removed R1 from the PCB, I measured the resistance between VBAT and the PFI pin of the IC and this resistance was found to be around 660kΩ.

Do you feel this is something to do with the IC or some bug of the PCB?

Attachments

• TPS3619-schematic.PNG
    TPS3619-schematic.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 163
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back