Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify TV Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark666

Hi to all.
I have a big CRT TV thats fairly new. Probably 2 years or less.

Don't know if it is still under warranty but if it isn't I'l repair it so here's my problem.

The TV works fine, there's just a little problem.
When theres a black image it will apear static over the black.

Example, I'm watching a movie, the actor is wearing a black jacket, the black is with static over it.

Everytime there is a black image it will apear with some grain over it.

This problem started recently, about a week or so.

Where is the problem? CRT Coils? Flayback? Color controller IC?

Thanks.

What's the video source? Terresterial transmission, digital satellite, municipal cable, DVD player, .... For instance, digital pics are blotchy as a single bit dither on a solid color can make a big difference in shade to the eye. As far as the "static", that's another issue. Can you definitely say it's the TV and not the source or something between the source and the TV such as a video switcher? Is it possible that you or a neighbor as a new electrical whatchamadoodle that's generating some interference?

Dean

The source is cable.
The "static" will also appear in a DVD movie.
There's nothing between the source and the TV.

flat5

Don't know, I have a cold, can't hear or smell anything. lol
Maybe when I get better.

But flat5, what if it smells o-zone or makes arcing noise?

In electronics smell and sound are important, I really hate this cold. :)
Last night repairing a PSU a friend of mine could hear a transistor making clicks,
I couldn't couse i'm sick. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back