Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify resistor value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonman

I need to identify the value of the resistor in the pic, the green one with two yellow stripes and two red ones.

Anyone help?

20210523_110653.jpg

Using my digital multimeter, set in ohmeter mode, it reads 2.7 ohms for this resistor.

The resistor is nearly 40 years old.

Is this normal?

What does your meter read when you touch the two test probes together ? (I suspect it is NOT EXACTLY 0.00)
Do you know how to calculate the value of resistors in series. ?

Les.

Using my digital multimeter, set in ohmeter mode, it reads 2.7 ohms for this resistor.

The resistor is nearly 40 years old.

Is this normal?

Almost certainly, meters rarely read accurately on low values due to the resistance of the leads, contacts, etc.

Looking at the excellent condition of the resistor I wouldn't even have tested it.

What does your meter read when you touch the two test probes together ? (I suspect it is NOT EXACTLY 0.00)
Do you know how to calculate the value of resistors in series. ?

Les.

It reads 0.3 or 0.4 ohms, so subtracting that from my reading of 2.7 ohms gives the correct value of the resistor within tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back