Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify connector type

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonW

Dear Friends,

I bought a cheapo used led matrix from fleebay (ebay).

**broken link removed**

I am having trouble identifying the power connector, the cream 2 pin connector so that I can buy a connector for it.

Any alternaive ideas how I can hook up cables to the power connector..... Max current the device can draw is 2.8A

Thanks in advance.

Simon

There is no specific connector that is practical... It looks like standard header spacing.. .1" "The cream 2 pin connector" doesn't make sense because theres nothing in the link you provided that suggests a 2 pin connector.

Looks a lot like a battery connector for phones. I'd take a loot at battery packs in a store and buy the pack and use the connector.

As for an alternative, just get the 0.025" square pins from a 0.100". Crimp the wire and heat shrink the pin. I've done it many times.

Looks a lot like a battery connector for phones. I'd take a loot at battery packs in a store and buy the pack and use the connector.

That's probably the best solution. Assuming you have the LED matrix on hand, go into a battery store (or Wal-Mart or a similar big box store might have cordless phone batteries too) and visually size up the connectors on the cordless phone battery packs against your LED matrix's connector and buy one that fits and use its pigtail. Of course, make sure you dispose of the battery itself properly (or better yet, reuse it in another project!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back