Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas to operate applicances from waveform acquired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reynard

Hi all

i have a waveform and also attached it below. The duration of my waveform is about 16hrs and it mainly consist of pulses. They can shoot up to about 20V.

Actually my main idea is to store these pulses in a energy storage device such as a capacitor or a battery so that i can use it as a "portable battery". I have tried using normal capacitors, they are able to charge up to a certain voltage but they cant retain their charge for long. I have also tried carbon aerogel capacitors but the duration of the pulses are too short to charge up them as well.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how can i build a circuit to fulfill my dreams haha. Do let me know if i need to provide any more details.

Cheers

Attachments

• Waveform.jpg
    Waveform.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 139
I suggest you try giving much more detail, for a start what are the pulses coming from?, and what current are they capable of?.

But basically you're probably looking at a NiCd, NiMh, or Lead Acid battery.

But from the short duration of the pulses you're probably not talking about much power?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
I suggest you try giving much more detail, for a start what are the pulses coming from?, and what current are they capable of?.

But basically you're probably looking at a NiCd, NiMh, or Lead Acid battery.

But from the short duration of the pulses you're probably not talking about much power?.

The current and power of the source are both very small. It is able to charge a capacitor but it will loses it charge pretty fast. Hmm wondering if a charge-pump circuitry will make it better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back