Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas on circuit to separate audio signal from cable tv??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fshrmn

Is it possible to design a circuit to separate the audio signal from a cable tv input and send it to speakers. Maybe even have a channel selector. I'm sure it's possible just not sure how to go about it. Any input is appreciated.

Hi fshrmn,

I think you would have to do it the same way that a television does.

John :)

Re: Ideas on circuit to separate audio signal from cable tv?

fshrmn said:
Is it possible to design a circuit to separate the audio signal from a cable tv input and send it to speakers. Maybe even have a channel selector. I'm sure it's possible just not sure how to go about it. Any input is appreciated.

Why not use a VCR (or any device with an onboard TV tuner) with RCA sound outputs?...

You could also interface a TV tuner with a PIC or any other microcontroller, but that's far more work, and why would you wanna do it that way when the hardware already exists?

Another way would be to use a graphics card on a PC that has a built-in TV tuner. The card will have a stereo sound output, and you'll be able to select channels through software.

But I'm not sure what you're trying to do? Separate the sound signal from the video just for the heck of it?

What hardware does a blind person use to listen to TV sound?
A specially designed circuit, or a TV or VCR.
I don't think a specially designed circuit would sell very well.

you can make an fm receiver that receives tv channels, and then put your tv on mute.

All the answers so far seem to assume the cable system is an old analogue one, and presumably unencrypted?.

If it's a modern digital system then none of the suggestions would be of any use?.

Just plug it in a headphone jack on a TV.

EDIT: If the TV dosent have an headphone jack just solder some wires to the contacts on the TVs speakers.

Someone Electro said:
Just plug it in a headphone jack on a TV.

EDIT: If the TV dosent have an headphone jack just solder some wires to the contacts on the TVs speakers.

BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ATTEMPT TO FOLLOW THIS SUGGESTION!

Some TV's have live chassis's, and doing this could be fatal!.

Unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing, don't attempt it!.

thx all for ur inputs but.....

the problem is that i want the sound without having the tv on. Let's say if i were a sleep I can record the sound without having the tv on to disturb me.

does the TV have a spare SCART connection?
use the audio lines from the scart connector

Styx said:
does the TV have a spare SCART connection?
use the audio lines from the scart connector

Seeing as he hasn't entered his location (yet another one!), then we don't know what country he might be in, no idea what TV system he's talking about, and no idea if sets there have SCART sockets (which are European - actually French!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back