Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas...Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec123

Hey,

In a couple of weeks i have to do an individual 5 minute oral presentation (aided by powerpoint) on anything to do with electronics.....

Couple of weeks back i did a group presentation on RFID tags, but am stuck for an idea on what to do for my individual one.

I want it to be interesting - maybe an up and coming technology or device...

Any ideas?

Thanx

How about "Organic LEDs" or OLEDs? Or how about explainging what Zigbee is? Or you could do a primer on how a surface acoustic wave filter works. Or you could do a comparison and contrast of the pros and cons of the various image projection mechanisms used in consumer televisions nowadays. Or you could do a theoretical refresher on the nyquist theorems. Another good one is to describe the technology behind the use of genetic algorithms for design of antennas in simulation. Another interesting one is to describe in detail how compact flourescent light bulbs work and what there design challenges are. One that catches my interest is to introduce the latest technologies of flexible solar cells. Another one is to contrast the pros and cons of power generation using various unusual technologies like wind power, solar, tidal and geothermal. Another one that might be interesting is to do a survey of the various sub-categories of GaAs transistor geometries used by the various GaAs foundries; personally I find these quite confusing. Another good one is to do an expose on the evils of Broadband over Power Line and how many implementations of this idea are very bad for the radio environment. Another idea is to focus in on Solar power and do a theoretical analysis of how much power is available from the solar rays hitting the earth.

Sorry, but I don't have many good ideas. Maybe someone else can think of something.

How about a historical perspective on the Cooley-Tukey algorithm and how it made the whole field of digital signal processing possible. How about the development of aircraft flight controls and fly-by-wire systems. How about the software defined radio. How about industrial networking systems and process control. Have you considered the high-tech aspects of steel making or plastics extrusion. How about the engineering of a tokamak fusion reactor. How about the construction of the Super Conducting Super Collider. How about codes and modulation techniques for deep space telemetry.

I'm sorry I don't seem to have very many good ideas either.

The poor kid. I bet he was looking for something simple, and here you go suggesting he pack "codes and modulation techniques for deep space telemetry" into his little five minutes of stand up. Have mercy! :D

Yes well, the sarcasm may have been a bit over the top, but the point is he really doesn't need us for ideas. He needs to find something that is interesting to him. This stuff is our passion; we do it because we enjoy it. You just can't do this stuff unless you have some passion for it.

There is a serious presentation he could do on Nikola Tesla. Why were his contributions so important, and why did he not get the credit that he deserved.

Here's even a link to get 'em started.

**broken link removed**

Now that's a good idea.

Your words remind me of the disappointment I've felt during interviews of potential candidates for jobs as circuit designers. I usually ask them what their hobbies are, because I want to hear that electronics is their passion and they build things at home. You'd be surprised at how many of them don't, and have never built an electronic gadget just for the fun of it.

"This stuff is our passion" That's well put. I too wonder why someone like us would be asking others for ideas. I thought we all got into this because we had so many ideas for things we wanted to build.

Hi,

i had already looked into oled and was doubting if i could fit all the info about it into 5 mins, well i'm gonna try!!

Practically created my presentation already, but when i was researching i found this...

"Red and green OLED elements already have life-times of well over 20,000 hours but blue OLED life-times lag significantly behind at 1,000 hours."

Anyone know or have any ideas why the blue oled element doesn't last as long as red or green??

Lots of sites state it but don't explain why :x

Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back