Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas for a laptop power supply/charger for my high powered laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraetorianCode

I have been looking for a power converter/booster, so that I can wire it into my truck to power my high powered laptop. I could not find a suitable power device anywhere and resigned to making it myself. I have built many simple circuits and repaired a few circuits boards (mostly caps on computer motherboards) and the like. I found the following which almost fits the bill but can't supply enough continious power for my laptop. Below are the input and outputs I need.

Input Volts: 12vdc to 16vdc (standard automobile elec system)
Input Amps: I have up to 40amps on a fuse box tap.

Outout Volts: 20Vdc
Output Amps: 11Amps or 220watts. (more would be ok also)

The device I found that almost fits the bill is a PST-SR700-Adjustable
formerly PST-DU700, at this webpage

12 volt power supply catalog.

Could anyone offer a diagram capable to meet this above output needs? Or better yet a device already assembled that I can add on the connector that fits the laptop so that I can power/charge it in my truck.

Thank you for any info.

Wayne

Use the AC adapter that came with the laptop and go down to a local electronics store and buy yourself a small inverter, an inverter that small shouldn't cost you much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back