Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICSP Programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderman

Hi All,
I want to program a PIC16F726 device, The programmers I have are both by Olimex (Development and Prototype boards and tools for PIC AVR and MSP430 - their versions of PICSTART-Plus and ICD-2)
Both programmers have ICSP programming capability.
When I start a new project in MPLAB Project wizard, I can select the device and generate the code etc. (I use their assembler)
When I goto the Configure>Select Device to select the device, the PICKSTART Plus is indicated as 'RED' (hence not supported) and the ICD-2 indicates 'YELLOW' (only BETA supported ... not proven).
I would setup the chip on a bit ov vero to have an ICSP connection, but would I be able to send the code to it by selecting one of the other devices to actually program this one.
I have not examined the data sheet in any depth regarding the ICSP, but the PIC16F726 has the usual RB6 and RB7 clock and data lines and VPP pin, so I assume the programming spec would be the same.
I was thinking of generating the code, then selecting the PICSTART Plus programmer to send the code via the ICSP.
I just wondered if anyone could comment on this before I go ahead and probably fry a chip ?

Roy

That makes sense, use the beta option as this must work but with possible unknown bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back