Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

icsp programmer for 18f

Status
Not open for further replies.

yatoof

I have "gtp-usb #0" hardware with winpic v3.55
its list shows 18f6720 that it can programe. but not programming to 18f6720.
Please can you help me in this regaurd.
if not this (hardware and software) anyother free hardware & software that can programe 18f6720 ic. (any schematic of programmer)
.Yatoof

I have "gtp-usb #0" hardware with winpic v3.55
its list shows 18f6720 that it can programe. but not programming to 18f6720.
Please can you help me in this regaurd.
if not this (hardware and software) anyother free hardware & software that can programe 18f6720 ic. (any schematic of programmer)
.Yatoof
Try to download winpic800 ver3.63B from WinPic800 - Inicio

perhaps you may have the schematic with you
just check whether 5V and 12V are proper/ then you may if needed change the uln2003 that is supposed to be there in that programmer.

re

Try to download winpic800 ver3.63B from WinPic800 - Inicio

perhaps you may have the schematic with you
just check whether 5V and 12V are proper/ then you may if needed change the uln2003 that is supposed to be there in that programmer.

**broken link removed**

As this is usb programmer it creates its own 12volts.
Secondly i downloaded latest v3.63b winpic software but it does'nt have gtp-usb #0 in its hardware selection. and other gtp which it have are not working.
older version 3.55 is programming 18f452, 16f877a but not 18f6720.
any solution????
I cant buy any programmer. Now i am making icd2 and i think it supports 18f6720......
any good idea will be appreciated.
.thanks

Last edited:
Perhaps you missed this bit; "Unfortunately, it works with only Winpic800 v.355."
It is on line 5 of the instructable you posted the link for.

**broken link removed**

As this is usb programmer it creates its own 12volts.
Secondly i downloaded latest v3.63b winpic software but it does'nt have gtp-usb #0 in its hardware selection. and other gtp which it have are not working.
older version 3.55 is programming 18f452, 16f877a but not 18f6720.
any solution????
I cant buy any programmer. Now i am making icd2 and i think it supports 18f6720......
any good idea will be appreciated.
.thanks

can you make a small wiring to make DL4YHF (JDM with external power supply) and use winpic800 v3.63b
your effort pays. if interested use this

Attachments

• dl4yhf programmer.gif
    dl4yhf programmer.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 2,534
No, Winpic800 v3.63b only supports the 18f6720 when used with their GTP-USB [plus] hardware (see supported devices in blue text)
WinPic800 - Software
At this stage the best thing toi follow is to make USB based Pickit2 or one of its clone the JUNEBUG from blueroom electronics.(blueroomelectronics - Smart Kits Build Smart People)

BTW, the cost of pickit2 alone is not much and you may rethink on your decision that you did not want to purchase another.

Finally use a friends facility to program your chip.

Thanks, sarma but i already said i cant buy programmer. I am strictly instructed by my supervisor that programmer i have to search and make myself. it will also be checked in my project.....?
so,please if you know any programmer which i can make and that can programe 18f6720 chip
.Yatoof

Thanks, sarma but i already said i cant buy programmer. I am strictly instructed by my supervisor that programmer i have to search and make myself. it will also be checked in my project.....?
so,please if you know any programmer which i can make and that can programe 18f6720 chip
.Yatoof
down load the JUNEBUG assembly instructions PDF from blueroomelectronics - Smart Kits Build Smart People and wire it up on a general purpose board. use a spare 18F2550 and with your gtp programmer load the Pickit2 firmware ver2.3200. then use that new programmer to program 18F6720

Last edited:
Yatoof,

The Junebug has 2 parts. The PICkit2 clone programmer section anda tutor section. You would only need to build the programmer section.

If the Junebug looks too difficult look at the Inchworm programmer from the same site, Blueroomelectronics. It is a somewhat easier programmer to build.

The Junebug is a nicer tool and is USB where the Inchworm is RS232.

Both require that you already have a working programmer to program the a PIC used in their construction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back