Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICSP for PIC16F73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Is there any particular hardware-software that can be used for In-Circuit Serial Programming the PIC16F73. I had a look at the datasheet, they have mentioned the hardware that would be required (5 pin connector) but I was wondering about the software that would go along with that..
Would appreciate help.

Thanks

Electrix said:
Is there any particular hardware-software that can be used for In-Circuit Serial Programming the PIC16F73. I had a look at the datasheet, they have mentioned the hardware that would be required (5 pin connector) but I was wondering about the software that would go along with that..
Would appreciate help.

Does the ICD2 cover the 16F73?.

winpic claims to suppport the 73 so any programmer that winpic works with will support it.

mplab (6.6) has the 73 (but not 73A, maybe newer mplab version does) listed so any mplab compatible HW should program it (icd2, for example).

be carefull about 73 vs 73A, different chips and you probably need explicit support for the one you have. You most likely won't be able to program a 73A with 73 support.

Phil

I found this site providing a LVP schematic and software:

**broken link removed**

which also says..
Note that this circuit might not work on non-legacy serial ports! Only voltage levels of +0V and +5V are sent back to PC instead of -10V and +10V. This works well on my desktop-PCs having a serial high-low trigger voltage of about +2V. But my notebook connecting by an USB-serial-adapter don't cooperate with this circuit...

Since I'm using a Laptop whose serial connectn requires +/- 10V ... will conncecting a MAX 232 work ?

Please reply,
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back