Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICM7225 frquency counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

asi

Hi,

I would like to build a frequency counter, using a MAXIM ICM7225 IC.
However I cannot find any circuit on the Web, corresponding to my application.
The only I've got is a circuit with two ICM7224s (same as ICM7225 but LCD) in cascade, the oscillator/timing is based on ICM7207 (+crystal).
My problem is, that I need only a single (4 1/2 digit) circuit, and couln't get a 7207.
Does anybody have a working circuit (and probably PCB) for ICM7225/7224 and without an ICM7207?

Thanks is andvance

Yes, I've got its datasheet, but I cannot design the enable, start/stop counting, and reset inputs for such a counter, to work as a frequency meter.

I have just looked at the data sheet for the for the ICM7225 and it shows the circuits that you need. It is a very simple 4.5 digit counter....... Have another look at it, and if you dont have the full data sheet just go to:

**broken link removed**

Thanks,

I!ve got this datasheet before.
My problem was (is), that I need a circuit that provides (from an XTAL) the gate timer / start/stop counting signals.

I've got some infos, that the needed circuit is able to be designed with a CMOS oscillator/divider CD4060 (Xtela 3276,80 kHz). It will provide a signal of 200Hz, than the 1 HZ and the 0,Hz can be made with the additional ICs CD4024 (100Hz out), CD4518 (out 1Hz) and finally the CD4017 (out 0,1 Hz).
However there is no circuit provided to the infos.
Does anybody has such a design?

a simple schematic found

Hi guys,

Hope this helps.

It is in tagalog, so you might need to use google to translate it, but they have not included everything in the schematic, like a capacitor or something.

here is the link:

signal generator kit - alexan

If someone is able to clean it up and put the fully functioning with all components in an image that would be great.

I too am interested in building a frequency counter, but I am thinking that since the part can go up to 20Mhz, maybe even show a solution with up to that amount and use 74F parts?

Just a thought.

Hi,

I found this, but it is not the complete schemetic, but most of it. Looking at the board, he has not included a cap and not sure if that is all.

the link is here:
Homemade Frequency Counter (ICM7225 based)

maybe someone can draw it complete and test it, and then post an image here with the schematic and a picture of it working ;-)

At least this is a good stepping stone :)

So is anyone up to it? just a suggestion.

It is a very simple circuit.

please note though, that it is in tagalog (filipino) so a translation may be needed, but then again, most are self explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back