Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

iCircuit app Compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod, OsX and Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rthuey

been searching for a circuit simulator that works with my mac. iCircuit is the one i am starting with. i wanted to start a thread for this simulator i just downloaded. in particular i downloaded the OsX version.

"iCircuit is the easy to use electronic circuit simulator and editor - the perfect tool for students, hobbyists, and engineers."

no connections with company, their own forum looks overrun with spam.

cheers - so it was easy to download off of iTune just like all other apps i have bought off there and the install went well also.

jeers - i suppose a major complaint i have with this app is that you can not choose specific parts. only generic ones and not a large list at that. previously no way to know that. now using the outer webs and finding this thread people will know.

i built a simple circuit on the app previously with a 5v source, resistor, led and ground. The only way it would work was if the resistor had a value of 1m or greater.

i just now built a simple circuit with a 4.5v source, resistor and ground. I wanted to see what different resistors did to the voltage on the opposite side. Again the circuit does not work unless the resistor is 1m or greater.

How does the circuit not work. With this app when a circuit supposedly works you see an actual current flowing through it. You get moving, colored lines instead of the solid lines that you drew with.

Am i doing something wrong or is the app whacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back