Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICD2 supported chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim

Is there a list anywhere (and I assume it would be a Microchip one) that lists all the chips that can be used with an icd2 and MPlab?

I've just purchased one, and wanted to check what pics I should be using.

My play around learning projects so far (self taught - be afraid, be very afraid) use PIC12F683-I/P and PIC16F688-I/P.

They work with the pickit2 I use so far and they are cheap:D

The 683 for example was perfect for a very simple project, where the 40pin jobbies would be complete overkill.

note that the ICD2 supports the vast majority of PICs. All the new ones are supported. however, you will discover that there are 2 forms of support - program and debug. Some PICs, especially the smaller ones, don't support debugging.

William At MyBlueRoom said:
Open the readme file on the MPLAB page for a list of all PICs supported by the ICD2.

Cheers William - I knew it existed, it was where to look ;)

for anyone else interested it's here

and yaaaaaaaay, both my play chips are supported - but I know i loose some pins, and only have 6 to play with on 683:D

Depending on what you're using the pins for you might not lose them at all, if you connect them bearing in mind the ICD connection - obviously you can't do debugging and use them, but you can do programming.

yes, I meant for the debugging

philba said:
note that the ICD2 supports the vast majority of PICs. All the new ones are supported. however, you will discover that there are 2 forms of support - program and debug. Some PICs, especially the smaller ones, don't support debugging.

like the two i am using. dohh:mad:

$25 cough splutter gasp:eek:

:D

Yes, for through-hole only, I believe. I don't think's terribly unreasonable pricing - I doubt they are making any profit on it.

The subject of not losing the pins in general is an area of interest to me. I'm still fairly fuzzy about how to do "isolation". I typically try to put switches on those lines and use the internal pull-ups but sometimes that just doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back