Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

icd2 clone usb 18F4550"s firmware corrupted ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nietzsche

hi , i have an inchworm+ and unicorn usb upgrade module , when i plug the modules ( inchworm+ and unicorn assembled ) or only the unicorn module into the computer's usb connector , windows recognized the module(s) ( i heard a sound , as well as when i unplug the module(s) from the computer ) , it means that the programmer/debugger is recognized by the windows , but the problem is , when i repeat this action several times ( plug and unplug ) , suddenly the content of the pic 18F4550 is corrupted , and i should reprogram the 18F4550 in order to fix this problem ... it seems that i am not the only person who got this problem , how to fix the problem ? ... thanks ...

I've heard of it happening to both my kits and genuine ICD2s. I recall it might be have something to do with the brownout reset config setting. I'll see if I can dig up that version when I'm back at the office. In the meantime you could try to Google ICD2 18F4550 firmware with "bor" and give it a shot.

I have a Junebug and have not had this issue, although I have killed one 'target' chip while learning to program.

good ... i have to reprogram my unicorn after trying to plug and unplug ( between each action , i waited for at least 15 seconds , mplab-ide software already closed , and the module "inchworm+/unicorn" seperated electrically from the target board ) several times , and it is very frustrating to me ...

I've heard of it happening to both my kits and genuine ICD2s. I recall it might be have something to do with the brownout reset config setting. I'll see if I can dig up that version when I'm back at the office. In the meantime you could try to Google ICD2 18F4550 firmware with "bor" and give it a shot.

oh , it happened also to the genuine ICD2 ?? ... ok , in the meanwhile i can only use the inchworm+ in rs-232 version , without the unicorn usb upgrade , and it is quite slow comparing to the usb interface ... i wait for your good news ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back