icd2 clone usb 18F4550"s firmware corrupted ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nietzsche

hi , i have an inchworm+ and unicorn usb upgrade module , when i plug the modules ( inchworm+ and unicorn assembled ) or only the unicorn module into the computer's usb connector , windows recognized the module(s) ( i heard a sound , as well as when i unplug the module(s) from the computer ) , it means that the programmer/debugger is recognized by the windows , but the problem is , when i repeat this action several times ( plug and unplug ) , suddenly the content of the pic 18F4550 is corrupted , and i should reprogram the 18F4550 in order to fix this problem ... it seems that i am not the only person who got this problem , how to fix the problem ? ... thanks ...

I've heard of it happening to both my kits and genuine ICD2s. I recall it might be have something to do with the brownout reset config setting. I'll see if I can dig up that version when I'm back at the office. In the meantime you could try to Google ICD2 18F4550 firmware with "bor" and give it a shot.

I have a Junebug and have not had this issue, although I have killed one 'target' chip while learning to program.

good ... i have to reprogram my unicorn after trying to plug and unplug ( between each action , i waited for at least 15 seconds , mplab-ide software already closed , and the module "inchworm+/unicorn" seperated electrically from the target board ) several times , and it is very frustrating to me ...

oh , it happened also to the genuine ICD2 ?? ... ok , in the meanwhile i can only use the inchworm+ in rs-232 version , without the unicorn usb upgrade , and it is quite slow comparing to the usb interface ... i wait for your good news ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…