Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICD2 clone Missing or incorrect device (Read id is 0x0000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard-g8jvm

Hi all,
first post , so no flames yet please
OS Linux Fed Fc17 , using Piklab 0.16 , but similar results on mplab.
I now have two bust ICD2 programmer/debuggers , from sivava.com

both have produced the same problem, when programming outa the blue when you have been using the same device, making changes to the code then trying it out, it will produce this message:-
Connecting ICD2 Programmer on USB Port with device 18F2550...
Firmware version is 1.4.5
Set target self powered: false
Connected.
Missing or incorrect device (Read id is 0x0000).

then no matter what I do, check cables, connectors, check the config in Piklab, even change the PIC, smd :(,

I tried a few reloading the s/w with mplab on the first one and it hosed the bootloader.

So I purchased another, so I I found a fix I could at least put new firmware in, there are two PICs on this clone.

But now after a year or two s use its happened again, :(
It reports the correct voltages on the target PIC, a PIC18F2550

The supplier does not answer any e-mail, so no help there.

Has anyone any suggestions on what causes this, or is it a cased of another programmer.

I'm in the middle of a project and now have a transceiver out of action as I cant control the DDS,

Thanks
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back