Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC Tester Senior Project Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole_PLTW

This is not spam, but rather a survey for my senior project. My group and I are going to design a circuit that tests the gates of an IC to see if they are working. Please answer this survey if you can.

1. Have you ever worked with ICs?

2. Have you ever had an IC malfunction?

3. Were you able to determine the problem with the IC?

4. Have you ever had to rebuild a circuit because you couldn’t figure out the problem?

5. Would you be willing to pay for a device that identifies each gate of an IC?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. No

My group and I are going to design a circuit that tests the gates of an IC to see if they are working.
What, in every type and variation of IC ever made?
What about ICs which dont have "gates" ?

1 Yes
2 Yes
3 Depends what you mean by "determine the problem". A simple IC, no problem. Something more complex like a memory, No. But then who cares? The correct inputs give the wrong output, no further analysis needed, take it out and replace it, end of problem.
4 No
5 No

JimB

I also answered an hour ago but it is not here.
Oh, it is on the other website's forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back