Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC-Prog-JDM-WinXP (Verify)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamy

Hi.....

I built JDM programmer....last two week this programmer work very well with IC-prog...then ...i've proble with my pc...i've to format my pc and i use windows xp (before me)...

i try to run my ic-prog...the first problem was solve...
i follow the step below..

Code:
Settings for how to use IC-Prog with Windows XP. Thanks to [Murph] for the explanation:

Open a browser and select the file ic-prog.exe 
Press right button on your mouse 
Go to Propertties 
Go to Compatibility menu 
Set compatibilty mode as Windows 2000 or Windows 98 / Win ME 
Press Apply icon 
Press Accept icon

but....i got another problem..."verify failed at address 0000h"...how do i solve this problem?...

i try run another program write by someone else...but still got the same problem....

pls advice..

thanks

This is a common problem with the JDM programmer, it relies on your PC serial port handshake lines being above RS232 specification.

This makes it unreliable, working on some machines and not on others, and (in the case of a machine being right on the edge), working some of the time.

that same problem happened to me when i used jdm in win2k or winxp. i used win98SE and it programmed my pics flawlessly

this problem is so common ...anyhoo.

Windows 2000 and windows XP have these new security locks that limits communication with outside equipment. Of corse this is for security reasons.

just download this driver, it will allow you to access the serial port freely.

http://www.ic-prog.com/icprog_driver.zip

copy and paste the unzipped file in the same folder as IC-Prog
you then have to go into *i think* "hardware check" click on the misc tab and place a tick in the "enable nt driver".

Now you can program all you want in windows NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back