Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

  • Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC-Prog ERROR ("Verify failed at address 0000h!")

Status
Not open for further replies.

neohack

New Member
Hi. I have a problem when I try to program with IC-Prog in a pic16f84a, when I click in the "Program All" bottom it seem like is doing the programming ok, but after the data verifycation (Verifying Data (64) bytes)
i have an error thar says: "Verify failed at address 0000h!".
All the conections and cables are ok, a think some configuration assues are wrong but I don't know what... I have WinXP but i don't know what.

Someone please help me.
 

neohack

New Member
pike said:
You could have Code Protect on...
Other wise i think your MC is busted...

most likely the CP fuse...

The circuit and the Cable are both OK... I lnow that becuase I'have proved both on another PC with Win98 and they work just fine...

If you could think is the Code Protect On... How could i change that?
 

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
neohack said:
pike said:
You could have Code Protect on...
Other wise i think your MC is busted...

most likely the CP fuse...

The circuit and the Cable are both OK... I lnow that becuase I'have proved both on another PC with Win98 and they work just fine...

If you could think is the Code Protect On... How could i change that?

You can simply turn if off, the IC-PROG software allows you to set all the fuse options before programming.

But if it works OK on another PC it seems most probable that you have a fault with this PC - is it a laptop? - these often have non-standard parallel ports. Also the port could be faulty, or some other program could be accessing the port (again, I've had reports of this on laptops).
 

Exo

Active Member
how long are the cables you use? and are they shielded?


I've had some programming problems with the 16f876A and i've found out is was due to my cable between pc and programmer, and the cable between programmer and pic beiing to long & not shielded.

(they were both only 25cm long and already this gives problems)
I've replaced the cables with shielded ones and know it all works fine.
 

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Exo said:
how long are the cables you use? and are they shielded?


I've had some programming problems with the 16f876A and i've found out is was due to my cable between pc and programmer, and the cable between programmer and pic beiing to long & not shielded.

(they were both only 25cm long and already this gives problems)
I've replaced the cables with shielded ones and know it all works fine.

I use (and have for many years now) a 2m lead to a switching box, then a 2m lead to my PIC programmer - I don't know if they are shielded or not, they were cheap extension leads with moulded plugs that I bought. I've never had any problems, but I've heard from many people who have.
 

neohack

New Member
Nigel Goodwin said:
You can simply turn if off, the IC-PROG software allows you to set all the fuse options before programming.

But if it works OK on another PC it seems most probable that you have a fault with this PC - is it a laptop? - these often have non-standard parallel ports. Also the port could be faulty, or some other program could be accessing the port (again, I've had reports of this on laptops).

The computer i'm using is not a laptop, is a PC, it has a Pentium 3 processor with 550 mhz, also i'm using the serial port for comunication whit the 16F84A and using the "JDM Programmer"
 

Milisake

New Member
This sounds like the exact same problem that I am experience all the way down to the same OS and programmer :D

I measured the voltage coming out of the programmer which needs to be 4.5-5.5 vdc and it seems to average around 4.3 vdc or less. I wonder if this is the problem? Unfortunately I do not have another computer at the house to test this theory with. Maybe I'll try one at the office during the weekend sometime.
 

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
neohack said:
The computer i'm using is not a laptop, is a PC, it has a Pentium 3 processor with 550 mhz, also i'm using the serial port for comunication whit the 16F84A and using the "JDM Programmer"

That's probably the reason than, the JDM programmer is very unreliable as it relies on your PC serial port handshake lines being above specification. You're far better off using a 'proper' parallel port programmer, which doesn't require anything 'special'. Or use a 'proper' serial port programmer, one which uses the serial port - the JDM doesn't use the serial port, it uses the handshake lines (in the same way that a parallel port programmer uses the parallel port lines).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles

Loading
Top