Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC-Prog 1.05C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kultigin

Hello,
I'm a freshman in programming PICs. Although I put a 'LIST P=16F628' declaration in my .hex file and choose the PIC16F628 inside the IC-Prog, when I look at the assembler view of my program I see;
--------------------------------------------------------
; Generated by WinDis84, (c) Nigel Goodwin 1998.
LIST P=16F84, F=INHX8M
include "P16FXX.inc"
I can't change P=16F84 declarations. Why does it put these automatically? Is this a standard or is my program failed?

Thank for your help.

Kultigin said:
Hello,
I'm a freshman in programming PICs. Although I put a 'LIST P=16F628' declaration in my .hex file and choose the PIC16F628 inside the IC-Prog, when I look at the assembler view of my program I see;
; Generated by WinDis84, (c) Nigel Goodwin 1998.
LIST P=16F84, F=INHX8M
include "P16FXX.inc"
I can't change P=16F84 declarations. Why does it put these automatically? Is this a standard or is my program failed?

IC-Prog is just programming software, you need an assembler to generate a hex file, which IC-Prog can then transfer into a PIC. The PIC assembler is called MPASM, it comes as part of MPLAB, which is a free download form MicroChip. You can either use MPASM on it's own (as I do) or as part of MPLAB, which includes a simulator and lots of other stuff.

BTW - while it's true I am the 'Nigel Goodwin' mentioned above, IC-Prog is nothing to do with me, the author included an old 16 bit version of my PIC assembler when he wrote IC-Prog (notice the date is 7 years ago).

I already generated a hex file using MPASM and opened it from IC-Prog. Why does it insert PIC16F84 instead of PIC16F628 even though I choose PIC16F628 from the menu?

Thanx...

IC-prog does NOT recognize the type of PIC from the HEX. The reason it sellects 84 is that it only remmebers last option used. So just change it to the chip you want and burn it.

Kultigin said:
I already generated a hex file using MPASM and opened it from IC-Prog. Why does it insert PIC16F84 instead of PIC16F628 even though I choose PIC16F628 from the menu?

Why are you trying to disassemble it?.

As Jay.slovak said, you simply select the chip you're using from the menu, load the HEX file, and program the chip.

No Problem

Hi,
I solved the problem... It was XP. Before I started using IC-Prog, I made a compatibility adjustment so that the program can in compatible with Win98 and ME as I was told by the saler of the programmer kit. Apparantly it was a wrong solution. I turned off the compatibility mode option inside the IC-Prog.exe's properties menu and then I started the program. I checked the 'Enable NT/XP/2000 Driver' option from the Misc. tab under the Options menu. It works fine now.

Thanks everyone.
@ytac...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back