Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC package - SOP SOIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
sop = small outline package - it could be anything, is there a number by it?

soic = small outline ic - there is usually a 150 or 300 for the mills width of the package (most are 150)

to mix things up some, there is also ssop - dont know what the extra s means, but they're smaller that the soic

and then, to top it off, tssop *shrug*

The datasheet for a part shows enough detail about each package that you could carve an exact copy out of wood if you want.

You are thinking about ICs without having their datasheet? Then you must be blind.

Thanks all!

Actually, before I post my question, I download the spec of

1) 74AC374 from ST
It states that 74AC374B = DIP; 74AC374M = SOP
2) 74AC374 from Fairchild
It states that 74AC374SC = SOIC; 74AC374SJ = SOP

So, I'm confused, are they the same?

DIP is through-hole, SOP is SMD, SSOP is SMD but smaller than SOP. 8-DIP = 8-pin IC; 8-SOP = 8-pin SMD IC..etc.

However, SOIC? it means small package IC. I can call 8-SOP and 8-SSOP as a SOIC, am I right? pls kindly correct me if I'm wrong. But, why the spec stated that the package of 74AC374SC is SOIC?? :cry:

Sorry for my stupid questions. :(

Manufacturers make the same IC but not in all the same packages as some other manufacturer. Pick the one you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back