Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC. level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

A friend at work who knows I'm interested in Electronics asked me if there were any IC's available that can be used within a circuit to indicate being level. (like I would know):eek:

Now I know I'm interested but I'm not that knowledgeable on available componants so I said I would put the question to the forum I'm a memebr of.

I did Google as always but it's knowing what to Google for!!

Any direction would be good.

Cheers.

There are "tilt" switches that would indicate if something were tipped, an array of them configured correctly on a board/device might be able to determine level...

Do you want to know the angle or just whether it's level?

Yes it reads all 3 axis and gives a DC voltage output for each. Gravity gives a output = 1G. So if it's held flat one axis reads 1G, the other 2 axis read 0G. Obviously if there is any tilt the values change accordingly.

I have a sample board for an Analogue Devices version of this and it has an 'electronic spirit level' demonstration program.

It shows tilt in two axis but I assume that that is just for that particular demonstration.

James

Hi All

Just got back from work and found your kind replies!!

I think the idea is just to indicate when level but I'm sure the more functions the better.

Mr.RB cheers for that device I will take a look at that.

jamesinnewcastle could you supply any info on that? sounds interesting.

Cheers all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back