Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ic equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCHIZI

Hi everyone i have this ic (sj8227l) that is faulty and i cannot get its data sheet anywhere. If anyone has its specs can you give them to me or suggest any equivalent.
It is for a creative inspire a200 2.1 subwoofer.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't know anything about it's datasheet how do you know that it's faulty? I did a quick Google search and can find absolutely no information about that chip number, are there any other numbers on it besides that?

i think you examine or read wrong part number or something is missing because i did't find its data sheet anywhere on web.please take ic zoom picture and upload,might be it will help us ..

i think you examine or read wrong part number or something is missing because i did't find its data sheet anywhere on web.please take ic zoom picture and upload,might be it will help us ..

There's seem a blind belief that datasheets for everything are on the net, this is completely untrue. A great many datasheets are only ever available to manufacturers, and many devices carry 'in house' numbers and have never had datasheets available to anyone.

ISL8227 is a dual op amp

Last edited:
There's seem a blind belief that datasheets for everything are on the net, this is completely untrue. A great many datasheets are only ever available to manufacturers, and many devices carry 'in house' numbers and have never had datasheets available to anyone.

Before starting my postgrad studies I'd find that hard to believe. But now when I'm dealing with lasers and stuff, this is just so true.

most house numbered parts are common devices that a manufacturer contracts for (like the Sony MN2488 which is a 2SD2488 from sanken, made under contract for Sony), which still bears a portion of the original part number, or the equipment manufacturer contracts with the semi company to put a completely proprietary number on the device (such as the Peavey SJ6357 house number for an MJ13003). often in either case, the parts are preselected to meet a certain narrow specification that the equipment manufacturer wants. in the case of an op amp for instance, an equipment manufacturer may design something with an LM3886 power amp IC, but require the chips be preselected by TI to have ultra low thermal drift, which maybe 1 in 5 LM3886's meet the spec. they ask TI to mark them BFA886 as the part number. first of all, as a repair tech, you can't buy a BFA886 from TI or a distributor, you have to buy it from the amp mfg, (usually only available to warranty certified repair shops) and it's at least 5 times as expensive (because only 1 in 5 meet the spec)

I think that it maybe the one but i need to be absolutely sure THE OTHER NUMBERS ON THE CHIP ARE G8J2MB

Last edited:
Not counting those sites who have you running around the net to then tell you they don't have it.

Motorola commonly used to do dedicated OTP 6805 for pagers and DSP56K for mobile phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back