Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC dilemma- Please help on DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

Pls find the pdf attachment ('CI-2-DTMF').
After setting the circuit (using mt8870) in differential configuration, when I switch on the circuit LEDs 1,2,3, & 4 are all suddenly ON without detecting ring volt and key press. And remain in the same ON state after pressing * and then decimal keys from the telephone keypad on caller end.
So, I am tempted to test in single-ended configuration (see second attached file 'dtmf'). I manually short R18 to accept remote calls. But same problem arises.

Attachments

• CI-2-DTMF.pdf
    103.2 KB · Views: 288
  • dtmf.jpg
    dtmf.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 173
Your circuit is missing protection zener diodes at its input so the 90V ringing or 50V on-hook voltages probably destroyed your IC.

Your circuit is missing protection zener diodes at its input so the 90V ringing or 50V on-hook voltages probably destroyed your IC.

But what about the case with differential configuration check. Because of its failure I went for single-ended check.
If any problems in line coupling section does turns on LEDs...

DTMF IC dilemma solved

Pls find the pdf attachment ('CI-2-DTMF').
After setting the circuit (using mt8870) in differential configuration, when I switch on the circuit LEDs 1,2,3, & 4 are all suddenly ON without detecting ring volt and key press. And remain in the same ON state after pressing * and then decimal keys from the telephone keypad on caller end.
So, I am tempted to test in single-ended configuration (see second attached file 'dtmf'). I manually short R18 to accept remote calls. But same problem arises.

well done!!!!!!!
Ya, I have replaced with another vendors' IC (MT8870CE). Now it is working fine.But on

power-up all states are HIGH, then on pressing keys it obeys the actual Truth table. I think

it wouldn't be a bottleneck for my project as I feed the DTMF IC outputs to a decoder. I can

utilize the decoder outs in any way as I desired.
Thanks for all support by
Siong Boon
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back