Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IBM Thinkpad LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

makorihi

Ok, so another LCD I'm trying to get to work is the one from the IBM Thinkpad 760C. Yet again, I've failed to find data on the LCD, nor do I know what I should do after getting the datasheet(s).

Please and thanks :)

**broken link removed**

well i messed with this lcd, but failed :mad:

Attachments

• 27082007(006).jpg
    27082007(006).jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 145
Sorry, but you appear to have no idea what you're doing? - and yet you're going for extremely complicated displays that will require months of reverse engineering.

Hehe :D ;;
No harm in trying, plus I have so start with these LCDs somewhere. Regular old passive matrix LCDs just don't cut it :(
After one has acquired a datasheet for an LCD, would the next step be to get an ic and program? Or is there something I'm missing . . ? Also, I've been trying to understand how the pixel data is sent, but I'm somewhat confused. (for TFTs)

makorihi said:
Hehe :D ;;
No harm in trying, plus I have so start with these LCDs somewhere. Regular old passive matrix LCDs just don't cut it :(
After one has acquired a datasheet for an LCD, would the next step be to get an ic and program? Or is there something I'm missing . . ? Also, I've been trying to understand how the pixel data is sent, but I'm somewhat confused. (for TFTs)

Try something simpler like a 128x64 GLCD.

blueroomelectronics said:
Try something simpler like a 128x64 GLCD.
Although it looks nice and simple, its only an STN type (I'm looking for a TFT)
Thanks for the suggestion though.

makorihi said:
Although it looks nice and simple, its only an STN type (I'm looking for a TFT)
Thanks for the suggestion though.
Then look into an OLED display. It's going to require some skill to program any display, do you have any programming / electronic experience?
You appear to be good at pulling things apart.

blueroomelectronics said:
Then look into an OLED display. It's going to require some skill to program any display, do you have any programming / electronic experience?
You appear to be good at pulling things apart.

Well the reason I'm intent on getting a TFT LCD to work is that I want to play around with some of the insides and only a TFT fits my needs.

I've done C,C++,Java ... (dont wanna list all of them . . ) for about . . 5 years.
And regarding electronics, I've taken/am taking electronics courses ( though nothing regarding displays in detail . . . . )

Yes, I take pride in my ability to take things apart and not know how to use them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back