Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2c

Status
Not open for further replies.

jownstar

I now become know what it I2C ........it is verey easy .

I look for library I2C but I don't find ?????????

what I do ????:D:D:D

please If u have lib_i2c gave me it :D:D

You do what any self respecting programmer does. You write one!

What are you programming in ? What microcontroller?

PIC, ATMEL, etc...
ASM, C, Basic, etc...

Most have I2C librarys. But to make one is very simple once you know how to use it. Then you can make your own library and make seperate ones like

1. Main I2C Library
2. DS1337 Library which uses the above library (#1).
3. ADC Library which also uses #1

What are you programming in ? What microcontroller?

PIC, ATMEL, etc...
ASM, C, Basic, etc...

Most have I2C librarys. But to make one is very simple once you know how to use it. Then you can make your own library and make seperate ones like

1. Main I2C Library
2. DS1337 Library which uses the above library (#1).
3. ADC Library which also uses #1

microcontroller is pic16 & lib_Language is c or asm
I use mikroc but library it no work !!!!!!

Are you sure its the library. Mikro C is nice.. i never used it much but the help file is awesome and contains a little schematic at the bottom for almost every library.

microcontroller is pic16 & lib_Language is c or asm

I would be very surprised if it was a library problem of any sort, Mikro would have sorted anything like that out long ago, it's a core feature of the product.
If it genuinely is a library problem, drop Mikro an email and they will fix it very quickly.

Last edited:

I use mikroC for a long time and I2C library works perfectly. In order for any of us to help you, you will have to drop here the schematic and the source that gives you troubles so we can locate a problem. When pasting code, please, make sure you wrap your code in [ code ] tags (# button in the post menu)

Have you tested the code on the simulator or on the breadboard, or you maybe have EasyPIc or similar hardware?
Have you added the pull-up resistors for the i2c bus?
What resistor values did you use for the pull-up resistors?
What are you using I2C for (what is your slave device)?

With mikroC i2c, you can find a good example in the help file and also among example collections.

I would be glad to help out. Ill even learn mikro C just to help! :D i love learning and helping others... its like a good feeling :)

Last edited:
Help

Hi, i need help please. I'm using a PIC18F455 with a 24FC512, the problem is that the I2C communication doesn't work, it compiles fine but never gets to write nor read from de EEPROM

Attachments

• I2C_Simple..c
    1.2 KB · Views: 410
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back