Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C Write Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is this.

Every time I don't need to write 16 bytes ones.It will vary between 1-16.ex:4 bytes,12bytes etc....................

In this case can I use page write?

Hello Mike & Nigel I want to confirm one thing.

When writing multiple bytes the slave device (24C08) only put the initial address pointer to it.After that it will increment its internal lower 4 bits pointer address & don't care about the upper 7bits.

If I want to write multiple bytes (below 16 bytes) ,Ex:7,9,12 etc.......then I have to workout the current address pointer & workout how much remaining bytes to make the total 16 bytes.If it exceeding 16 bytes then I have to write 2 sets of page writes.

current address pointer = 0C
Number of bytes to write = 7

Write 1st page = 4bytes (0C+4 = 16bytes completed)
Write 2nd page = 3bytes

Tell me am I correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back